Agenda 2022 coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Papers – Automotive Lightweight Materials USA 2022”.
- The market for materials over the next decade
- Looking at a changing multi-material strategy for the industry
- Comparison of specific regions and brands with global averages
- Combining multi-material continuous fiber-reinforced lattices with long fiber overmolding enables lighter and less expensive composites
- Novel composite manufacturing process enables high throughput production of multi-material and locally optimized composite lattices
- FEA case study that illustrates expanded design space provided by multi-materials, hybrid length-scale composites
- Graphene is more thermal and electrically conductive than copper and a complete barrier to solvents and gas
- Graphene composite will be one of three major composites along with glass fiber and carbon fiber composites over the next 5 years
- Patented commercial production process to produce graphene composites economically
TLC Products, Inc.
- Using a digital twin strategy to replace physical prototyping
- Enhancing simulation accuracy and improving the material durability through simulation
- Selecting the best material for the right application
- Plasma is the key enabling technology for surface cleaning and activation prior to bonding
- Replaces conventional and often harmful cleaning methods like flame and wet chemicals
- Reliable, industry-proven, inline cleaning method used by all major automotive OEMs and suppliers
Plasmatreat USA, Inc.
- Composites, aluminum, and mixed material bonding require adhesive bonding which creates new requirements in surface preparation
- Lasers can clean, activate, or structure surfaces to create the perfect match by removing paint, coatings, or lubricants
- Understanding of the process technology and looking at production solutions for surface preparation
4JET Americas LLC
- Achieve much lower densities than glass or ceramic microspheres
- Displace hard to acquire raw materials with Expancel to extend your raw material supply
- Improve elasticity, resiliency, and moisture ingression better than inorganic fillers or chemical blowing agents
- Processing technology for prepreg, carbon, GFRP, organo sheets, and bio-based composites for exterior and interior components
- Incorporating the calibration, consolidation, polymerization, and cooling of automotive composites in a continuous production process
- Production processes for low and high-temperature polymers such as PP, PES, PEEK, PEI, and Polyamides
- Sustainable environmentally-friendly production process integrating the use of recycled materials
IPCO US LLC
- Achieving a lower density and overall weight for the end-use application
- Improving the colorimetric properties and mechanical properties using a novel technology
- Improving the rheological characteristics and processing for structural composite applications
Chromaflo Technologies Corp.
- Using methane to produce new carbon-based material – Ultra-long Carbon Nano Tube (ULCNT)
- The ULCNTs are the base of non-woven CNT mats and fibers with very unique material properties
- New lightweight composites with EMI shielding structure for EV battery packs
Tortech Nano Fibers
- Global megatrends such as CASE (Connectivity, Autonomy, Shared, Electrification), ACCESS (Autonomy, Connectivity, Circularity, Electrification, Shared Mobility, Sustainability), and a circular economy
- Significant progress made for lower cost component production by leveraging advances in fast cycle time materials and processes
- Key questions to enable adoption of advanced composites and lightweight materials
- Increasing energy efficiency through weight reduction of injection molded components
- Using Fiber Direct Compounding as a new technology to reduce weight of plastic components
- Result of the process - achieve mechanically stronger parts with lower glass content
- How to maintain the cost of steel and achieve the weight of magnesium
- Achieving lightweighting of structural parts with hybrid designs
- Understanding the process of "integrated bonding” of metal and plastic
- Chrysler Pacifica (2016) - Magnesium applied in the liftgate and cross car beam
- Jeep Wrangler (2018) - Material included in the cross car beam, tailgate, and transfer case
- Mustang Shelby GT500 (2020) - Application of the material in the strut brace
- Corvette (2020) - Uses of magnesium in the beltline, cross car beam, and seats
- Explorer (2020) - Uses of magnesium in the transfer case and display bracket
Meridian Lightweight Technologies
- Optical metrology for 3D coordinate measuring and testing
- Optical strain measurements using non-contact full-field 3D deformation analysis
- Tensile test measurements and the benefits of ARAMIS for tensile testing
- 3D thermography mapping and environment chamber testing
Trilion Quality Systems
- Harnessing the power of data integration across Industry 4.0 operating dimensions
- Adoption of technologies like machine learning analytics, artificial intelligence, IoT devices, and automation
- Roadmap to move the operational footprint into the higher echelons of Industry 4.0 maturity
- How to execute Industry 4.0 successfully, swiftly, and with lasting effects
Baker Tilly US, LLP
Key topics for 2022:
- Lightweight materials economic outlook and industry forecasts
Understand the economic fundamentals and key market drivers for automotive lightweight materials from a global perspective. Which composite materials and new technologies are available today and where is the automotive industry heading?
- Exploring new applications with advanced engineering and simulation techniques
Make the business case for adopting new light-weighting solutions for the next generation of vehicles. How to use simulation techniques to solve the problems of thermal effects, large deformations, complex geometries, fatigue behavior and free surface boundaries arising from the forming and extrusion of lightweight alloys.
- Latest research in advanced materials, joining techniques, and additive manufacturing
Evaluate new innovations in joining solutions for automotive body structures. What are the advanced high-performance materials that can be used for developing lightweight body-in-white (BIW) structures?
- New manufacturing processes and strategies for automotive lightweight production
Deliver reliable and scalable production methods for adapting new lightweight materials to achieve cost targets while optimizing production using new strategies without the constraints of previously invested capital.
- Upcoming regulations and safety standards for the next generation of vehicles
Hear from key regulators and classification bodies to ensure your products meet the requirements of new vehicle safety regulations and industry emissions standards.
- Manufacturer case studies on successful adaptation of lightweight materials
Gain insight from leading manufacturers and implement strategies that others in the industry are using to ensure successful applications to the latest lightweight materials in your next automotive products.
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities